Monday, October 24, 2011

Writers Campaign -- The Whistle

Hello Everyone,

How did the weekend go? Enjoyed? Gonna start the week with a bang? Gonna work for all your dreams? Hope so. I am participating in the Writers Platform Building Challenge. Today's post is for the third campaigner challenge. Here is all I need to do:

Write a blog post in 300 words or less, excluding the title. The post can be in any format, whether flash fiction, non-fiction, humorous blog musings, poem, etc. The blog post should show:
  • that it’s morning, 
  • that a man or a woman (or both) is at the beach
  • that the MC (main character) is bored
  • that something stinks behind where he/she is sitting
  • that something surprising happens.
Just for fun, see if you can involve all five senses AND include these random words: "synbatec," "wastopaneer," and "tacise."   

Lets not waste any more time. Here is my entry:

--x--
"Isn't it a pleasure Abhi, to watch the morning sun", spoke John, trying to cheer up a unhappy, bitter Abhi.
"Well, might-be for you."
"Come on buddy, how many people get to watch the sun? Everyday while he is rising?"
"Yeah, you and me, the only cleaning staff at beach, get such a fabulous once in a lifetime chance"
"Ha Ha, you sound pretty irritated even now. This is our summer job. Don't get so cocky", advised John
"Yeah, when your grap has a million dollars under his arse, it is sure fun to clean this wastopaneer on beach every morning."
“Now Now, don't get carried away.  You can't eat it however hungry you are"
"Can't you listen .. grrr .. my stomach is asking me to feed it"
"That is trash aka tacise as little Nikki spells it. Not to eat”  warned John.
“I am fucking bored. I don't like this job and I am gonna quit”
“Oye, we are still left with the main task. Once you are done with it, you are free to quit” spoke John, setting his loose glove right.
“Yeah, I remember, you aren't strong enough to pull that stinking corpse from under the beach-house right?” teased Abhi, with a glimpse of satisfaction about his strong body
“It is only a left-over. Dunno how they could do it.”
“Why, it is perfectly normal to fry fish over camp-fire. What's so special with it?”
“I am vegetarian remember? How can you eat such cute organisms?”
“Shhh.... Can you hear it?”
“Yeah., is it a whistle?” asked confused John

“Damn sure. It is, somewhere very near. Check for the sea-shore”

“I can't see anything. It must be from the beach-house”
“Idiot. It is a dolphin's whistle. Not from a player. I know.” spoke a pepped up Abhi


  --x--

Well, what do you say? I showed? Is it cool? Is using dialogue easy way to show? Is there any other way to show? I guess showing => using dialogue. Is it so simple? Is there more to it? Got any resources which can guide me? Do let me know!!

with warm regards
AllMyPosts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy dialogue. Mine is #56

David P. King said...

Interesting conversation. Dolphin love = awesome! :)

Jess said...

I agree with David. Dolphins are completely awesome! I love your take on the challenge. Great job :)

I'm entry #5

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...